Who Am I
Hey there 😀 I’m Chris, a former Army Ranger and fitness nut, with a dual career in SaaS sales and health coaching. Across my writing, courses, videos, etc. I explore evidence-based strategies and tools that can help men live fit lives of boldness, courage, health, and effectiveness.
Quick Facts About Me
- 📣 I'll just put this first to get it out of the way: I was a Division 1 cheerleader at The University of Oregon. I know, I know...I was chasing an old girlfriend who was a cheerleader and got sucked into it. I do have to admit I had a lot of fun and it paved the way for the next point...
- 🏈 I walked on the Oregon Duck football team as well, after being a cheerleader. Somewhat redeeming of the previous point, right? ha! This was in 2007-2008 and I got zero playing time before leaving school for the military.
- 🪖 I then became an Army Ranger. I was in the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. I did 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan and run a few hundred direct action night raids on high-value terrorist targets. I don't intend to glorify war by any means, but there was definitely some fun and masculine adventure-type stuff I did in this season of life.
- 💌 I write a weekly newsletter called The Mission Briefing. Every Sunday, I share my thoughts with hundreds of subscribers. I share about health and fitness tips, ideas I'm pondering, favorite tools, books, articles, and more. You can check out previous issues here.
- ✍️ I'm working on finishing my first book - but admittedly it's taking a lot longer than expected with 4 small children, running coaching and consulting businesses, and investing in my local friendships and community.