Who Am I
Hey there 😀 I’m Chris, a former Army Ranger and fitness nut, with a dual career in SaaS sales and health coaching. Across my writing, courses, videos, etc. I explore evidence-based strategies and tools that can help men live fit lives of boldness, courage, health, and effectiveness.
Quick Facts About Me
- 📣 I'll just put this first to get it out of the way: I was a Division 1 cheerleader at The University of Oregon. I know, I know...I was chasing an old girlfriend who was a cheerleader and got sucked into it. I do have to admit I had a lot of fun and it paved the way for the next point...
- 🏈 I walked on the Oregon Duck football team as well, after being a cheerleader. Somewhat redeeming of the previous point, right? ha! This was in 2007-2008 and I got zero playing time before leaving school for the military.
- 🪖 I then became an Army Ranger. I was in the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. I did 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan and run a few hundred direct action night raids on high-value terrorist targets. I don't intend to glorify war by any means, but there was definitely some fun and masculine adventure-type stuff I did in this season of life.
- 💌 I write a weekly newsletter called The Mission Briefing. Every Sunday, I share my thoughts with hundreds of subscribers. I share about health and fitness tips, ideas I'm pondering, favorite tools, books, articles, and more. You can check out previous issues here.
- ✍️ I'm working on finishing my first book - it's taking a lot longer than expected with 4 small children, running coaching and consulting businesses, and investing in my local friendships and community, but if you'd like to see more about details as they roll out, follow this page.