Welcome to The Mission Briefing, a weekly newsletter where I provide actionable insights, food for thought, curated recommendations from both personal experience and from the web, and more.
Today at a glance:
- Food for thought: A healthy contrast
- A quote from Matthew Kelly in his book The Long View
- Natural flavors, eating slowly, and deadlifting (w/ video)
- Garden City by JMC
- Dr. James DiNicolantonio’s thoughts on protein
- Wise Women Build Homes by Scott Hubbard
🧠 Food For Thought:
Living a healthy lifestyle is not…
- A diet
- Living in fear
- Being extreme
- An all-or-nothing kind of thing
Living a healthy lifestyle is:
- Nourishing your body - focused on adding good rather than restricting bad
- Living in faith
- Getting educated about health science and learning to regulate your own moderation.
- Valuing your body as much as God does and being consistent and faithful with it for many many years.
✍️ Quote Of The Week:
“Most people overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a month. We overestimate what we can do in a year, and underestimate what we can accomplish in a decade." -Matthew Kelly from the book The Long View
After 10+ years of coaching others in health and fitness, I would say this miscalculation plagues humanity the most. We make this mistake in business, finances, child-rearing, fitness, spiritual formation, and everywhere in between. We want immediate results and that’s just not how things that last are built.
Are there exceptions to every rule? Of course. But if they’re exceptions, then we should expect and anticipate the rule, not the exceptions. I’m not special. You’re not special. We’re human, and we need to have patience and perseverance.
Put in hard work on your health over a decade. I promise your ROI will blow your mind.